The "Excellence in military construction" badge was instituted by the Minister of Defense of the USSR on May 21, 1954. The badge is presented for excellent labor to builders, soldiers, sergeants, officers, technical officers and employees of military construction units, organizations and institutions, enterprises, military construction directorates (departments), military districts and the central government, as well as main and central military and civil departments of the Ministry of Defence.
An early variant of this badge complete with matching spinner. Some slight enamel damage around the crane which is visible in photos. Displays well.