A very nice painted variation of the WWII German Frauenschaft Leaders badge, with a blue colored border to imply "orts" level membership/leadership. This badge is in great condition, any wear is visible in photos. Clear maker mark RZM M1/120 on the reverse for Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid. Working pin and catch. Type 2 design.
The National Socialist Women's League (German: Nationalsozialistische Frauenschaft, abbreviated NS-Frauenschaft) was the women's wing of the Nazi Party. It was founded in October 1931 as a fusion of several nationalist and Nazi women's associations, such as the German Women's Order (German: Deutscher Frauenorden or DFO) which had been founded in 1926. From then on, women were subordinate to the NSDAP Reich leadership. Girls and young women fell under the jurisdiction of the Association of German Girls (BDM).