A very nice original Soviet Order of the Red Star, serial number 2,807,556. The enamel is in good condition condition with only minor signs of wear which are visible in photos - specifically some faint chipping at the 3 o'clock point of the star. Maker marked and serialized to the reverse with original spinner nut and somewhat unique off-center screwpost. Based on it's serial number, this ORS was awarded in 1948 and is likely a long service award.
The Order of the Red Star was awarded to soldiers of the Soviet Army, Navy, border and internal security forces, employees of the State Security Committee of the USSR, as well as NCOs and officers of the bodies of internal affairs; to units, warships, associations, enterprises, institutions and organizations; as well as to military personnel of foreign countries:
- for personal courage and bravery in battle, for the excellent organization and leadership in combat that contributed to the success of our troops;
- for successful operations of military units and formations which resulted in the enemy suffering considerable casualties or damage;
- for outstanding service in ensuring public safety and the security of the State Border of the USSR;
- for courage and valour displayed during the performance of military duties, or, in circumstances involving a risk to life;
- for exemplary performance of special command tasks and other outstanding deeds committed in peacetime;
- for great contribution in maintaining the high combat readiness of troops, excellent performance in combat and political training, in the mastery of new combat equipment and other services associated with strengthening the defensive might of the USSR;
- for merit in the development of military science and technologies used in training of the Armed Forces of the USSR;
- for merit in strengthening the defence capabilities of the socialist community.
- Also used as a long service award from 1944 to 1958 to mark fifteen years of service in the military, state security, or police.